Did you know that you do not have to be a Veteran or a relative of a Veteran to join.
Canadian citizens or British subjects of federal voting age are eligible as affiliate members. Join in the fun, events and community service -sign up today. Membership forms are available at the Branch or download the application below.
Canadian Branches – Membership Categories
Ordinary Membership – You may be eligible for Ordinary membership if you have served or are serving in:
- The Canadian Forces or Her Majesty’s Forces (including regular force or reserve force under class “C” service);
- The Forces or underground forces of any of Her Majesty’s allies in any war, conflict or police action in which Canada was involved;
- The Merchant Navy or non-military services in an actual theatre of war in which Canada was involved; or
Her Majesty’s reserve force including Cadet Instructors on the Cadet Cadre. Must have at least one year (12 months) service;
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police or The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary for not less than one year;
- The Forces of a country while that country was a member of NATO or NORAD in alliance with Canada;
- The United States Forces;
- The Vietnam War with the Armed Forces of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea or South Vietnam, and were a Canadian citizen or Commonwealth subject at the time of service;
- The Canadian Coast Guard as an officer or crew member who has two or more years active service on the high seas or inland waterways;
- a city, municipal or provincial police force as a police officer for at least one year.
Associate Membership – If you do not qualify for Ordinary membership you may be eligible for Associate membership if you:
- are the child, stepchild, adopted child, grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, widow/er, parent or spouse of someone who is or was eligible for Ordinary membership; or
- are the child of an Associate member; or
- have served in The Royal Canadian Sea, Army or Air Cadets for not less than 3 years; or
- have been a cadet civilian instructor for not less than 3 years; or
- have served as an officer in the Navy League of Canada for not less than 2 years; or
- have served in the Polish Armed Forces after WW II below the rank of officer; or
- have served in a City, Municipal, Volunteer, Un-organized Territories or Federal Fire Service for not less than one year
- are the spouse, parent or sibling of an associate member who qualified subject to the above criteria.
Affiliate Voting Membership – If you do not qualify for Ordinary or Associate membership but support the aims and objects of The Royal Canadian Legion you may apply for Affiliate Voting membership.
Affiliate Non- Voting Membership – An Affiliate Non-Voting member may apply for Affiliate Voting membership after two years (24 months) of continuous membership.
Do you want to TRANSFER from another BRANCH?